Saturday, February 20, 2010

Organic Produce Delivery

Nick and I have been studying a lot about how to live a self-sufficient life. We are dreaming of hobby farms and homesteading...looking forward to the day when we might have a few acres. As we roll into Spring you will start to see posts about our chicken project, my beekeeping class, the vegetable garden, and more.

Recently we watched Food.Inc, a documentary about the food industry. Of course we were appalled and disgusted. Before when I would try to avoid meat or high fructose corn syrup it was more for my own personal health, but now I see how purchasing those products is supporting a horribly corrupt system and I just can't be a part of it.

So, my first step was to start ordering produce from a local farm. They deliver organic produce all year round, so of course they don't grow it all themselves, but we love that we are supporting local business and buying organic.

Check out the Klesick Family Farm here. They have wonderful customer service. I feel like I am part of their family already.

Our first box of produce arrives! It feels like Christmas!


1 comment:

  1. Yea! Love all the pics. Klesick is the best! Christina just turned me on to another resource for bulk organic foods, Azure Standard http://www.azurestandard.com/

    I want to place an order but it has to be over $550. Interested in ordering with me?

    ReplyDelete